There are a number of benefits to Blended Working, some of them obvious and others somewhat more subtle. Some of the most important benefits are that Blended Working allows you to:
- Create an environment that allows you to follow the natural flow of your energy and focus so that you're doing work for your job when you're most focused and energized and then taking a break when your energy and focus start to wane.
- Design your breaks during the workday so that they actually have a rejuvenating effect, while also allowing you to live your life throughout the day, not only on evenings and weekends.
- Take time during the day to take care of your physical and/or mental health, when there are often fewer outside distractions and demands on your time (from partners, children, friends, obligations, etc.)
- Recognize the value of fully disconnecting from your work at certain points in your day and the renewed energy, focus, and clarity that extended breaks can provide when returning to work afterwards.
- Redefine what a healthy and productive workday can look and feel like.
- Change the dynamic of trying to live life around your workday, to living life throughout each day, while still getting your work done.
NEXT PAGE: BLENDED WORKING VS. WORK/LIFE BALANCE